PRIYA

Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Your first day in the United States


I can’t forget my first day in the United State. I was so much excited to see the new country. I was also nervous, not because it was different country, but it was also an unfamiliar place. I first came to Orlando airport. There, I didn’t know where to go. It was my first time in the air plane. I got off the flight and followed others. It got even worse. From here, we had to get on a train to the luggage claim. I didn’t know what to do. I don’t know some how I managed to get all my bags and out of the airport. Than we went to Gainesville from Orlando. It was a long ride. It took us 2 hours to get home. I was scared of the roads here. Where I come from, we have left hand driving, here its right handed. The most frightening thing was the speed we were going. I believe we were going at least 80 miles an hour. That is unheard of in India. At last, we made it home. Here it was nice to meet the new people. Every one was waiting for me. They welcomed me like one of them. Made me feel like a queen. So, I can’t forget my first day in the U. S.

1 Comments:

Blogger John said...

This is a good description especially when you write about specifics like the speed you were traveling and the train with the bags. You make good comparisons with India that help the reader understand your uneasy feelings.
Be careful that every sentence has a subject. To make the phrase, "Made me feel like a queen," into a sentence, you would add a subject. "They made me feel like a queen."

1:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home